Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
Cornbread stuffing is a popular Thanksgiving side dish which is ideally used for stuffing a turkey. It’s prepared by first baking a bread and them mixing classic and traditional stuffing ingredients with a few spicy extras. Apart from Thanksgiving, cornbread stuffing can also be used a side dish as it serves as a delicious stand alone snack as well. First cornbread is baked, then it is broken into small pieces and mixed with the sautéed veggie and spice mixture. Egg, milk and yogurt further gives the dish a rich flavor and texture. So, make sure you do try this recipe at home and make treat yourself with a delicious cornbread stuffing.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt as required
- 4 garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- salt as required
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 cup parsley
How to make Cornbread Stuffing
- Step 1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the baking pan/tray in it.
- Step 2. Take a bowl. Place the cornmeal in it. Add flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into it. Stir the ingredients using a spoon. Then, whisk to amalgamate.
- Step 3. Take another bowl. Beat the eggs along with milk, yogurt and honey.
- Step 4. Remove the pan from the oven now. Add butter and swirl it in the pan to make it melt quickly. Once the butter is browned, add cornmeal batter and eggs mixture.
- Step 5. Place the pan in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Step 6. . Now, insert a toothpick into the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, your bread is ready.
- Step 7. For the stuffing, heat the oil in a skillet. Add chopped onions. Keep stirring until the onions soften.
- Step 8. Then, add salt and celery – cook for a few minutes. Add garlic and stir for one minute. Transfer it to a large bowl, add thyme, parsley and black pepper powder.
- Step 9. Mix well. Moisten with just a little bit milk.
- Step 10. Now break the bread into small pieces and add it to a bowl. Add the veggie mixture in it and mix well. Your stuffing is ready. If it feels dry, you can either add more milk or even vegetable stew.
- Step 11. Once done, serve warm.