Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup is a Continental soup recipe, which is perfect for all soup lovers who are bored with the mundane Tomato Soup, Hot n Sour Soup and Sweetcorn Soup. This low carb soup recipe is easy-to-make and tastes equally scrumptious. This healthy soup recipe is prepared with fresh broccoli, cheddar cheese, butter, chicken broth and seasoned perfectly with salt and pepper. The delectable soup is thickened with corn starch mixture which makes it even more lip-smacking. Now that winters are around the corner, I thought of sharing this yummy soup recipe with you all. So, try it at home, please your loved ones with this awesome delight.
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 cup chicken broth
- salt as required
- 1/4 cup water
- 170 gm cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup celery
- 2 cup whipped cream
- black pepper as required
How to make Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Step 1. Start with washing the broccoli under running water and then chopping it into small pieces. Soak them in salt infused water for 5 minutes till the salt diffuses. Then drain the water and keep florets aside.
- Step 2. Meanwhile, chop onions, celery stalk and keep them aside. Now take a deep-bottomed pan and heat it on medium flame. Put butter in the pan along with onions and celery. Sprinkle salt and pepper to sauce pan.
- Step 3. Cook it till onions and celery are translucent. Once done, add broccoli florets and cook it for another 3 minutes. Broccoli florets will eventually turn bright green. Now add chicken broth and mix it well with broccoli.
- Step 4. Now, pour heavy whipped cream into the sauce pan and mix it well. Bring the mixture to a boil. When it’s done, reduce the flame to low and slowly add cheddar cheese. Make sure to mix it gently while adding it in pan.
- Step 5. Now add corn starch in water and prepare the thickening mixture in a bowl. Once the broccoli-cheddar mixture is ready, add the corn starch mixture in the pan and stir. Stir until the soup thickens. Ensure that no lumps are formed.
- Step 6. When the soup thickens, turn off the flame and serve warm.