Have some leftover chapatis from lunch? Use them up in this innovative way to prepare an off-beat dinner! This roti sandwich recipe is a fusion recipe that you can prepare in a jiffy. Made with leftover chapatis, veggies, spices and some sauces, this filling recipe can also be served as a snack. You can serve it to your kids to ensure that they eat a healthy snack whenever those hunger pangs hit. Veggies and sauces added to the recipe can be customized as per taste and preference. If you are on a diet, you can skip the cheese and add diet mayonnaise instead to make the chapati sandwich even more delicious. So, try this recipe today only and let us know how it turned out to be.
- 4 gm chapatis
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup capsicum (green pepper)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 4 pieces cheese cubes
- salt as required
How to make Chapati Sandwich
- Step 1. Saute the veggies. Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, capsicum and corn. Saute them for a few minutes.
- Step 2. Add spices. Now add dry mango powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well. Add 2-3 tbsp water if the mixture seems too dry. Lastly add cabbage, cook for two more minutes and turn off the flame.
- Step 3. Add sauces. Now add tomato ketchup and mayonnaise in the veggie mixture and gently mix.
- Step 4. Prepare the chapati sandwich. Prepare the chapati sandwich by spreading the mixture on the leftover chapatis. Use all the mixture and properly fill half the chapatis. Now add some grated cheese on top and fold the chapatis in half.
- Step 5. Lightly cook the sandwiches. Heat some butter in a pan and place your prepared chapati sandwiches in it. Cook from both sides until a bit golden brown.
- Step 6. Serve. Cut into halves and your chapati sandwiches are ready to be served. Do try this recipe, rate it and let us know how it turned out to be.