Yearning for a delicious dish to treat your taste buds on a weekend? Try this Sweet Potato with White Chickpeas and Hummus recipe, which is full of nutrition and fill your stomach as well while fulfilling your cravings. It’s a mouth-watering one-pot meal that you can prepare for your loved ones any day. Do try it and us know in the comment box, if you liked it
- 2 cup boiled, soaked overnight chickpeas
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 6 cloves garlic
- salt as required
- 1/2 pureed beetroot
- zaatar powder as required
- paprika as required
How to make Sweet Potato with White Chickpeas with Hummus
- Step 1. Boil sweet potato. To prepare this yummy one-pot meal, boil the sweet potato in a pressure cooker over medium flame for one whistle. Once boiled, peel and cut it into two and keep aside.
- Step 2. Saute chickpeas and stuff the sweet potato. Now, put a pan over medium flame and add 1 tsp olive oil in it. Add boiled chickpeas in it with zaatar powder and saute for 2-3 minutes. Once done, take the halved sweet potato and stuff with the sautéed chickpeas.
- Step 3. Make Pearl couscous. Add couscous in a pot over medium flame and boil until its tender. Afterwards, transfer in a bowl and mix lemon juice, salt, crushed garlic and pureed beetroot. Mix well all the ingredients. Next, add boiled peas in it as well.
- Step 4. Make hummus. Now, in a blender jar, add soaked and boiled chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, 3-4 garlic, and 1 tbsp olive oil along with salt to taste. Blend all the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Step 5. Arrange the meal and serve. Now, take a large serving bowl and add chickpeas stuffed sweet potato on one side, and pearl couscous just next to it with peas on the side. Add hummus in the remaining part and your one-pot meal is ready to eat.