29 April, 2021
Smashed Chickpea Club Sandwich
Smashing chickpeas is a “clean” and easy way to enjoy all of their benefits quickly. The result is kind of like hummus, but more versatile as a sandwich filling whether between two slices of sprouted whole-grain bread or served open-face-style.
- 2/3 cup Organic Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp 100% Juice, Lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 slice Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/3 cup cucumber(s)
- 1/3 cup Organic Micro Greens
- 1 tomato
1. Using a potato masher, smash the chickpeas with 2 teaspoon of the oil, the lemon juice, and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl until a thick paste forms. Spread onto both bread slices.
2. Top both slices with the onion, cucumber, and micro cilantro. Serve open-face style or form into a sandwich.
3. Serve alongside the sliced tomato sprinkled with the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.