30 April, 2021
Quinoa Salad with Sugar Snap Peas
Quinoa is one of the most versatile gluten-free ingredients. It’s high in protein and fiber, and makes a fantastic healthy grain salad. This easy salad features crunchy sugar snap peas and roasted pumpkin seeds for salty crunch. It can be made in advance and enjoyed at room temperature for picnics, cookouts or just a healthy brown bag lunch.
- ½ pound sugar snap peas
- 1 ½ cups quinoa (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup salted roasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup minced chives
- Step 1. In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, simmer the peas until bright green and crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain and spread out on a large plate to cool, then pat dry. Cut the peas on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
- Step 2. In a small saucepan, combine the quinoa with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until all of the water has evaporated and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Uncover and fluff the quinoa, then transfer to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Step 3. In a bowl, combine the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the peas to the quinoa with the pumpkin seeds, chives and dressing; stir. Season with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature or lightly chilled.