- 4 slice White bread
- 2 tablespoon Rice flour
- 1 pinch Baking soda
- 3 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Onion preferably baby onions, chopped
- 1 each Green Chilli minced
- 2 teaspoon Ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 cup Oil for deep frying
- Tear the bread into tiny crumbs.
- Add in rice flour, baking soda, salt, onion, green chilli, ginger, coriander leaves and salt to the crumbled bread.
- Mix well and add water little by little to make soft dough.
- Do not knead to give too much pressure, just gently fold in to combine everything.
- Apply oil to your hands, take a small portion of the dough and flatten with your palms, shape them into vada.
- Heat oil in a kadai and start deep frying them in batches until it turns golden brown and crisp on all sides.
- When done, drain excess oil by placing them over paper towel and serve hot with choice of chutney.