1 May, 2021
Cauliflower In Coconut Milk Curry
The Cauliflower In Coconut Milk Curry is a perfect blend of pan roasted cauliflowers and bell peppers that are simmered in a delicate coconut milk curry flavored with coriander powder, curry leaves, chillies, cloves and cinnamon.
- 1 Cauliflower (Gobi) , cut into florets
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , deseeded and cubed
- 1 tablespoons Gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania) , freshly made with roasted coriander seeds
- 1 cup curd
- 200 ml Coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- 3 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 inch Ginger
- Red Chilli powder , to taste
- Salt , to taste
- Oil , for cooking
How to make Cauliflower In Coconut Milk Curry Recipe
- To begin making the Cauliflower In Coconut Milk Curry Recipe, in a large bowl whisk together, the yogurt, gram flour, coconut milk, ginger, coriander powder, salt and red chilli powder. Add in two cups of water, whisk it well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a casserole pan; add the cumin, curry leaves, cloves, and cinnamon along with the bell peppers and cauliflower. Sprinkle some salt and water, cover the pan and roast the cauliflower on medium heat until lightly tender and cooked.
- Once tender and cooked, add in the coconut milk curry mixture and stir well. Keep stirring continuously with heat on medium high until the mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- If the mixture is too thick for your taste, adjust the consistency by adding a little water and boil just for a couple of minutes. Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.
- Serve the Cauliflower In Coconut Milk Curry for winters or parties along with steamed Foxtail Millet or Pearl Millets or Rice