- 500 g – grated ripe red pumpkin
- 350 g – wheat flour
- 75 g – gram flour
- 1 tsp – carom seeds
- Salt as needed
- Oil for deep frying
How to Make Pumpkin puri
- Peel the skin of pumpkin and grate it.
- Then take a pan add grated pumpkin, along with a tbsp of water and cook in medium flame until it becomes tender. Allow it to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, gram flour, salt, carom seeds, oil, lastly add cooked pumpkin to it and knead well.
- The water in pumpkin should be good enough to knead. In case the mixture is dry, sprinkle a little water and knead it to a smooth stiff dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for at least 20 minutes.
- After 20 mins, grease hands with little oil, and knead the dough again, and make small balls out of it.
- Heat enough oil in a deep pan, roll out the small balls into flat discs and deep fry in oil, until both the sides becomes golden brown in colour.