4 May, 2021
Any foodie who has been to Hyderabad would associate Dum Biryani and Osmania Biscuits. Few days back, a friend had brought some Osmania biscuits from Hyderabad. As I was munching on them, it dawned on me that the one I had made some time back, tasted very different.
- 150 gms Flour
- 75 gms Rice flour
- 150 gms Butter
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 70 gms Caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Sieve the flour and rice flour together
- Cream the butter, salt and sugar
- Tip in the flour mixture and mix well
- The mixture will turn crumbly
- Slowly mix them to form a smooth ball of dough
- Sprinkle some flour on the work surface.
- Roll out the dough into 1/2″ thickness.
- Cut out cookies, using a cookie cutter
- Place the cookies on a lined baking tray
- Bake for 15 minutes or till golden brown on the sides.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.