8 May, 2021
Awadhi Gosht Kurma – Eid
Awadhi Gosht Kurma with its traditional preparation will bring some delicious flavours to your Eid celebration. Made with mutton, cooked in a mélange of spices, Awadhi Gosht Kurma is best relished with roomali roti, paratha or sheermal. The recipe belongs to the Awadhi cuisine and is widely savored in Lucknow. If you are a fan of royal cuisine and love trying out different dishes, then you need to try this traditional recipe. Follow the step by step instructions and enjoy the auspicious festival of Eid with your family and loved ones.
- 2 kilograms mutton
- 2 black cardamom
- 2 inches cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon rose water
- 4 tablespoon fried onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 green cardamom
- 2 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 6 tablespoon yoghurt (curd)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon soaked saffron
- salt as required
How to make Awadhi Gosht Kurma
- Step 1 . Saute the spices. Heat oil in a pan, add green cardamom, black cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon and saute for a minute.
- Step 2 . Add meat. Add mutton, salt, turmeric and fry for another minute. Now pour water, cover the lid and let it cook for 5 minutes. Now add ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and fried onions. Mix well.
- Step 3. Add other ingredients. Now add saffron soaked in one spoon of hot water, along with yoghurt and rose water. Cover the lid and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Step 4 . Slow cook with dum. If there is any water left in the dish, cook on high flame for a few more minutes. Now seal the edges of the dish with wheat dough and secure the lid to give the perfect dum. Let the dish slow cook on medium flame.
- Step 5 . Garnish and serve. Once cooked, open the lid and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves. Add finely sliced ginger on top before serving. Enjoy the delicious mutton Kurma with roomali roti.