8 May, 2021
Carrot Pola – Eid
Carrot Pola is one of the most cherished desserts during Ramadan. This is a delightful South Indian dessert recipe, which is also known as carrot cake. Carrot Pola is not only delicious but also highly nutritious as it is loaded with the goodness of carrots, eggs, nuts and milk, that are used to make this dish. This is a simple and easy-to-make recipe which would be relished by adults and kids alike. Try it!
- 3 carrot
- 4 tablespoon milk powder
- 5 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon green cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 5 cashews
How to make Carrot Pola
- Step 1. Peel & grate the carrots. Peel and grate the carrots. Keep aside in a bowl.
- Step 2. Make carrot paste with other ingredients. Blend the carrots, milk, eggs, sugar, milk powder, flour and cardamom powder into a fine paste.
- Step 3 . Fry the cashews in ghee. In a pan, heat a teaspoon of ghee and fry cashew nuts. Keep the fried cashews aside in a bowl.
- Step 4 . Pour the carrot paste in the pan & simmer until cooked. Pour the carrot paste on the same pan and add the fried cashew nuts over it. Cover it with a lid and cook on low flame till the top is done.
- Step 5. Let the carrot pola cool before serving. Turn off the heat and let it cool. Carrot Pola is now ready!