8 May, 2021
Mujadarra Recipe – Eid
The month of Ramadan has begun and the dinner table is adorned with a delicious array of recipes that make your mouth water. As you get ready to break your day-long fast with the most luxurious feast during iftar, you expect to treat yourself with the best of foods. So, try out this Mujadarra recipe that will excite your taste buds and make you crave for more. It’s a classic Arab dish that is served during Ramadan and will delight you with its wonderful flavours. It’s simple but enticing flavours will sway everyone’s heart as soon as they take a bite. Prepared using rice, lentils, onions, lemon juice, bay leaves and an array of spices, this dish will add a wholesome mix of flavours to your palate. Serve this during iftar and get ready to be showered with loads of compliments on your culinary skills. Other than Ramadan, you can also prepare this delicious Arabic recipe for other occasions like kitty parties, potlucks, or even buffets. It takes a while to prepare but the amalgamation of flavours will impress everyone and will be worth the wait. So, get your pots and pans ready, and follow us through this recipe to prepare this delectable dish to adorn your iftar menu.
- 100 gm lentil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 80 gm soaked rice
- salt as required
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds ground
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 large sliced & slit onion
- water as required
- 2 bay leaf
How to make Mujadarra
- Step 1. To prepare this delicious recipe, wash the lentils and rice under running water. Now, take a large pot over medium flame and add the lentil along with 1 cup of water, 1 tsp of salt, cumin and garlic powder and allow it to cook.
- Step 2. As it starts simmering, turn the flame to low and cook until the lentils are soft. Then, strain the water and add the soaked rice in the pot along with 1/2 cup water, 1tsp of salt, olive oil and bay leaves. Cover with a lid and cook until both the lentils and rice are soft, not mushy. Use a fork to fluff them so they are not sticky.
- Step 3. Now, take a skillet over medium flame and heat the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot enough, add the onions and cook till they turn brown in color and season with salt and pepper. Then, pour the cooked lentils and rice in the skillet and stir fry for a minute.
- Step 4. Transfer the cooked Mujadarra to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley and lemon juice. Enjoy the delicious dish!