Rajasthani rabdi, also called Rajasthani bajre ki raab/rabdi is a delicious traditional beverage which is found in every other household in the beautiful Indian state of Rajasthan. This summer special drink is an amazing way to combat the summer heat wave and keep the body temperature cool and hydrated. Prepared with the goodness of pearl millet (bajra) flour and yogurt, this delicious beverage is something you cannot afford to miss. Enjoy this Rajasthani rabdi recipe chilled during the peak summers when the sun is directly over your head, or you can enjoy it as a hot beverage during extreme winters. You can even add some sweetness to this delicious beverage by adding powdered jaggery.
- 2 1/2 tablespoon pearl millet flour
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds
- salt as required
- 1 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 1/2 cup water
- 2 dash roasted cumin powder
- How to make Rajasthani Rabri
- Step 1 .Prepare the yogurt-flour mixture and simmer on a low flame. To make this amazing Rajasthani Rabri, take a wok and mix 2 1/2 cups of water with yogurt. Add salt, cumin seeds, carom (ajwain) seeds and pearl millet (bajra) flour to it and whisk the entire mixture. Make sure there are no lumps left in the mixture. Turn on the heat and place the wok over a low to medium flame. Keep on stirring for 6 to 7 minutes until the mixture thickens
- Step 2 . Check the consistency of the mixture and garnish with cumin powder. After you observe that the mixture is already thickening, add the remaining one cup of water and again continue to stir well on a low flame. Make sure that the bajra flour is cooked well and there is no rawness left in the mixture. After the mixture has acquired its desired consistency, turn off the flame and pour the rabri into a serving glass. Garnish with a pinch of roasted cumin seeds and enjoy.