14 May, 2021
The BEST cauliflower pizza crust you’ll ever make! Learn exactly how to make cauliflower pizza crust that’s flavorful, low carb and packed with fiber & protein. Top it with whatever your heart desires. You’ll make this cauliflower pizza crust recipe again and again!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For topping:
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Any other toppings your heart desires
- Put ½ of the cauliflower florets into bowl of food processor, pulse until it resembles rice (about 30 seconds). Transfer into a large bowl and place other ½ of florets into food processor to repeat above.
- Microwave pulsed cauliflower for 5 minutes OR add all to a pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil to let it cook for 5 minutes with a lid on. Alternatively, you can also steam the cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Let cauliflower cool for 15 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, transfer cauliflower to a clean dish towel or cheesecloth. Squeeze of excess moisture — make sure to do this until virtually no water comes out and the cauliflower is dry This is very important to the success of the recipe.
- Next transfer cauliflower pulp to a large bowl and add in egg, mozzarella, parmesan, coconut flour, garlic powder, oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine and form a soft dough.
- Place dough in the middle of the prepared pan and push out with your hands to form a 9-10 inch circle, with about ¼ inch dough thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crust is firm and slightly golden brown. Remove from oven, then top with pizza sauce and cheese (or whatever your heart desires).
- Bake for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted, then turn broiler on for 1-2 minutes to get cheese nice and golden brown and bubbly. Make sure to watch carefully!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes minutes before cutting and serving.