An easy, healthy weeknight meal that’s super creamy and full of flavor, its gluten free and plus vegan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, or 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 100 gms, risotto rice
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar ( optional)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes ( optional)
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the shallot and garlic and cook on a medium-low heat until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the risotto rice and immediately pour in the stock and vinegar (if using). Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Add more hot water, if necessary.
- Once cooked, stir in the nutritional yeast (if using), stir in a handful of chopped fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!