Masala Oats is a savory oatmeal breakfast porridge cooked with lots of vegetables and aromatic Indian spices. A healthy & delicious vegan breakfast recipe for diabetes patients
- ▢1 tablespoon ghee or oil use oil for vegan
- ▢1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ▢1 Green Chili Pepper diced, optional
- ▢1 cup Onion diced
- ▢1 teaspoon ginger grated
- ▢1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ▢½ cup Tomato chopped
- ▢1.5 cup oats
- ▢3.5 cup Water
- ▢2 cup Mixed vegetables Carrots, Green Beans, Peas, Corn, Edamame beans (frozen or fresh)
- ▢1 tablespoon lime juice
- ▢Cilantro leaves to garnish
- ▢½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ▢½ teaspoon red chilli powder or paprika, adjust to taste
- ▢½ teaspoongaram masala
- ▢1 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- Start the instant pot in sauté mode and heat it. Add ghee/oil, then add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Now add the green chili, onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until onion are translucent.
- Add tomato and spices. Mix well.
- Add the mixed vegetables, oats and water. Mix well. If anything is stuck to the bottom of the pot, deglaze it. Press Cancel and close the lid with vent in sealing position.
- Change the instant pot setting to pressure cook (manual) mode for 8 minutes at high pressure.
- This means let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then release the pressure manually.
- Open the lid and add the lime juice. Mix well
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and enjoy with a dollop of yogurt