26 May, 2021
Healthy Corn Fritters
Posted in : Kidney ( CKD) on by : Simmi Iyer
Quick and easy low sodium corn fritters. The perfect summer savory treat!
- 3 cups corn frozen or fresh cut off cob
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp canola oil or any other oil
- Combine corn, flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Add egg and milk. Mix just until combined.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drop 1/4 cup fritter batter onto heated skillet to make each fritter. Push batter down a bit to make the fritters a bit thinner (about 1/4 inch thick). Cook 3-5 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Garnish with green onion or one of the recommended toppings if desired. Enjoy!