29 May, 2021
Are you eyeing a lot of sweets and desserts lately? If you always crave for something sweet but want a healthy dessert, then here is your chance to make healthy phirni! Well, this phirni recipe will handle all your cravings for sweets as its mouth-watering. Here’s a delicious Jowar Phirni, which is prepared using the sorghum flour or the jowar atta. This millet flour is super-healthy and provides nutrition to your whole body. This sweet dish has the power to calm your appetite while giving you a feeling of a sugar rush. This is an excellent sweet dish for those who are gluten intolerant. Not just this, jowar has the power to boost the immune system and helps in improving the health of heart while being rich in proteins is an icing to the cake. Another ingredient that makes this indulgence so special is the inclusion of chocolate.
- 1/2 cup roasted jowar flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 5 crushed green cardamom
- 1 1/4 litre full cream milk
- 1 teaspoon ghee
How to make Jowar Phirni
- Step 1. Roast the jowar flour with ghee. To start preparing this sweet recipe, take a pan and roast the jowar flour with ghee in it. Roast until the jowar turns dry.
- Step 2. Simmer the milk and jowar mixture and add chocolate syrup. Next, take a saucepan, add roasted jowar and milk to it. Bring the mixture to boil on low heat until the jowar cooks. At this time, the milk will start to thicken. Stir continuously and then add chocolate syrup along with crushed cardamoms. Stir well again.
- Step 3. Refrigerate the phirni and enjoy. After the phirni is cooked, remove from heat and allow it to cool down a little. For serving, pour a little bit of chocolate syrup in a clamped jar and add the cooked phirni onto it. Garnish resplendently with dry rose petals. Transfer the jars to the fridge and enjoy chilled.