2 June, 2021
Bebinca ( Goa)
Posted in : Sweet/Dessert on by : Simmi Iyer
- – 200 gm: Rice flour
- – 10 : Egg yolks
- – 1 cup: Coconut juice (thick)
- – 1/4 tsp: Nutmeg (powdered)
- – 200 gm: Ghee (clarified butter) or hydrogenated oil
- – 500 gm: Sugar
- – Take the coconut milk, mix it with the rice flour, sugar and egg yolks. Stirs thoroughly till sugar has dissolved, add nutmeg powder and keep aside.
- – Heat a little ghee in a pan and pour in one cup of batter. Bake till brown. Add another spoonful of ghee and another cup of batter. Bake and repeat this till all the batter is used up.
- – Turn the bebinca upside down and cool before serving.
Note: Baking of bebinca is done over a slow fire. Preferably a charcoal fire.