Arbi ki Sabji is a delicious Indian dry curry dish made by stir frying Arbi (taro roots) along with a unique combination of spices.
Arbi ki Sabji is a very easy recipe to make. This dish which is crispy and spicy, is perfect to make a scrumptious weekday meal.
Sookhi Arbi is a summer vegetable made from tuber of arbi plant also known as taro root or colocasia. It is a delicious Indian vegetarian dish thoroughly enjoyable both in spicy gravy form as well as the more common dry form.
Ingredients For Arbi Ki Sabji Recipe
- 200 gm Arbi (Taro Root)
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- 2 Tablespoons Coriander Leaves (Dhania)
- 1 Teaspoon Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
Step By Step Instructions With Photos for Arbi Ki Sabji Recipe
- Wash the Arbi and add them to pressure cooker along with water. Pressure cook them till you get 1 whistle. After that cook for 1 more minute on lowest heat setting.
- When the steam from the pressure cooker is gone, remove the arbi from the cooker and let them cool down. Then remove the peel from the arbi.
- Cut the arbi into large pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ajwain (carom seeds) and chopped green chillies in the pan.
- Then add the chopped arbi to the pan.
- Add turmeric powder (haldi), red chilli powder, coriander powder (dhania) and salt to the pan.
- Mix well and cook the arbi for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Flip the arbi and cook from all sides till crispy.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves to the arbi. Also sprinkle some lemon juice and mix well.
- Arbi Ki Sabji is ready. Serve it hot with roti or naan.