|Channa dhal||1/4 cup|
|Toor dhal||2 tbs|
|Urad dhal||1/4 cup|
|Moong dhal||1 tbs|
|Sesame seeds||2 tbs|
|Curry leaves||4-5 spigs|
|Garlic||6-7 fat cloves|
|Salt||1 tsp or to taste|
To make uthappam
|Dosai batter/ Dosa Batter||3 cups|
|Ghee/nei||as needed to cook|
|Onion (finely chopped)||2 (medium size)|
|Coriander and curry leaves||as needed(finely chopped)|
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil and fry the dhals and red chilly in a medium flame till the color changes and slightly golden.Once the dhals become nice and crisp remove it.Fry curry leaves till the curry leaves turned crisp.Remove it from the keep it.
- Add the sesame seeds in the pan and fry it for a minute and remove it.Now fry the crushed garlic in the pan and fry it for a minute and remove it.Let all the ingredients get cool down.
- After cooling grind the red chillies, curry leaves,salt and give it a pulse.Now add the dhals and sesame seeds to it and grind it to a bit coarse powder.Now add the garlic and pulse it.Do not run the blender continuously.The spicy garlic powder is ready.
- Now take the batter and adjust the consistency with water.Mix the chopped onion,curry leaves and coriander leaves together and keep it aside.Heat a griddle and once it becomes hot ,add a drop of oil and wipe it off with a paper and keep the flame in medium.Pour a ladleful of batter and spread it to a circle(no need to spread it too thin).
- Now sprinkle the chopped onion and on top of the uthappam,then sprinkle the spicy garlic powder.Press it gently,drizzle ghee and cook it for a minute or till it gets golden.
- Flip it to the other side and cook it for a minute, add a tsp of ghee.Keep it in a flame for another 30 seconds.Remove it from the pan.
- Serve it with mint chutney.