9 June, 2021
Boiled peanut Sundal
Posted in : Snacks/Breakfast on by : Simmi Iyer
This boiled peanut sundal is a healthy recipe to make for an evening snack. It can also be served as a salad!
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 1 teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 small dry Red Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafetida powder (Hing)
- 1/4 cup fresh Curry Leaves
- 1/5 cup freshly grated Coconut
- Water, to boil the peanuts
- Soak peanuts (with the skin) in water for 1 hour. The peanuts will plump up.
- Add the peanuts to a pan or pressure cooker. Cover them with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 30 minutes (or 3 whistles in the cooker). Look for the peanuts to turn slightly soft. Let them cool. Discard water and set peanuts aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the red chilli and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add mustard seeds; let them splutter.
- Add urad dal and mix well. Fry until golden brown.
- Add the asafetida powder (hing) and curry leaves and mix well.
- Add the boiled peanuts, 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste) and mix well.
- Add the coconut and fry the sundal for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator for upto 2 days. Reheat and serve.