9 June, 2021
Healthy Dink Ladoo – Marathi Recipe
Posted in : Sweet/Dessert on by : Simmi Iyer
- 1 cup shredded dry Coconut
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- 2 tsp White sesame seeds
- 3~4 tsp Ghee
- 75 gm Edible gum
- 2 tsp finely chopped Almonds
- 2 tsp finely chopped Walnuts
- 2 tsp finely chopped Cashew nuts
- Few Raisins
- 50 gm Kharik powder
- 4 tsp Ghee
- 3/4 cup organic Gudh
- Cardamom powder
- In a pan take a dry coconut and until it gets a light golden color.
- Transfer the roasted coconut into a bowl.
- In the same pan take poppy seeds, white sesame seeds, and roast them well.
- Transfer them into the roasted coconut.
- In the same pan, heat up the ghee.
- When ghee is hot enough add a little gum at a time and fry until it puffs up well. Fry the dink until it is white inside out.
- You can rub a little ghee to gum and microwave it to puff up.
- Transfer the fried dink into another bowl.
- In the same ghee add almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts and fry it a little.
- When dry nuts begin to get the light color to add raisins, kharik powder, and fry well for about 3-4 minutes. Turn off the gas.
- Transfer the fried dink into a blender jar and blend it a little.
- Add roasted coconut, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds into the same blender jar and blend it a little.
- Do not blend into a fine powder. Just give 1or 2 pulses so as to mix well.
- Heat up ghee in a pan.
- Add gudh and just let it melt.
- No lumps of gudh should be left behind. No need to make syrup.
- When gudh melts turn off the gas and add blended dink, coconut, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds.
- Add roasted dry nuts, kharik powder, and cardamom powder and mix well quickly.
- Roll the ladoos when the mixture is a little hot.
- Dink ladoo are all ready.
- From all the above ingredients, you can make 12-14 medium size ladoos.