9 June, 2021
Zirka – Marathi Recipe
Zirka is a very easy and simple recipe. It can be made from very few ingredients those are easily available in your pantry. If you don’t have vegetable at home or got bored to make a one then this can be a good alternative. This is Nashik district special peanut amti. You can try this real quick recipe at home
- 1/4 cup raw Peanuts
- 1 tsp shredded dry Coconut
- 1/2 tsp white Sesame seeds
- 10~12 Garlic cloves
- 5~6 Green chilies
- Lot of Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Hing
- Curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and add peanuts.
- Roast peanuts until these change their color a little.
- Add dry coconut, white sesame seeds and roast everything for another minute or so.
- If you have roasted peanut powder then you can make Zirka using only that.
- When everything is roasted well, turn off the gas and let it cool down.
- Take garlic into a blender jar and add green chilies.
- Blend everything into coarse paste.
- Take the paste out into a bowl.
- In the same blender jar add coriander leaves and blend it into paste.
- Transfer it into another bowl.
- In the same blender jar take the roasted ingredients and blend into fine powder.
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves, garlic-green chili paste and fry for about a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add lot of water, salt, blended peanut coconut powder, coriander paste and bring it to boil.
- Simmer Zirka on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes.
- Zirka is all ready.
- It goes fantastic with jwari bhakri.
- It goes well with rice too.