If you are always on a lookout for tasty and healthy recipes, then this Maharashtrian Thalipeeth recipe is made just for you. Ready in half an hour, this easy Thalipeeth recipe is perfect to make in any meal of the day. If you do not know how to make Thalipeeth at home, this super easy Thalipeeth recipe will guide you every step of the way. This savoury & multigrain Maharashtrian Thalipeeth recipe is made using a combination of jowar flour and rice flour. Apart from being nutritious, it is also extremely easy-to-make and takes very less time. Try this traditional Thalipeeth recipe on special occasions and impress your guests! This delicious snack recipe tastes best when paired with a piping hot cup of tea. It is a great breakfast option for office goers who are always in a hurry! You can also have Thalipeeth as a whole lunch by pairing it with some spicy pickles
- 1 cup jowar flour
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered turmeric
How to make Thalipeeth
- Step 1. Chop onion & mix with spices. Finely chop the onions and transfer them in a bowl. To the chopped onions, add salt, chilli, cumin and turmeric and keep aside for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 2. Knead Thalipeeth dough. Now take another bowl and add rice flour and jowar flour in the same. Keep 1 cup water handy as it will be required to knead the dough. Now knead a soft dough by adding water. Make sure that the dough is not very hard.
- Step 3. Oil you palms & press the dough ball in them. Take a pan which you don’t like much or is very old and add good 3-4 tsp of oil to it. Oil your palms as well. Take a small ball of the dough and press it a little between your palms.
- Step 4 Press the flattened dough over the pan to shape a roti. Then place the dough on the pan. With the help of your fingers and palm make a roti (try making as round as possible).
- Step 5. Roast the Thalipeeth on both sides. Make a little hole in the centre and pour a little oil in it. Put the pan on the gas and roast the Thalipeeth. If you like it crisp then make it really flat and burn it a little as well to get a crunch. Flip and roast the other side as well.
- Step 6. Serve Maharashtrian Thalipeeth hot! Remove Thalipeeth from the pan and have it hot. Serve it with pickle and enjoy!