This is the perfect breakfast that is both healthy and satisfying. The result is a slightly crispy bread with soft, warm yogurt, sunny side up eggs (you decide on how runny you like your yolks) and the freshness of the diced tomatoes. A little za’atar brings out the flavor and it’s delicious enough that we resolved to make this as often as possible. Enjoy!
- 1 round pita or naan bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek-style (strained) yogurt
- 1 small or 1/2 large tomato, (seeded and diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon za’atar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Steps to Make It
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F.
- Spread the Greek yogurt on the pita or naan bread, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the bread is toasting, make the eggs by adding the butter to a hot skillet. Crack in the eggs, being careful not to break the yolks, lower the heat to medium-low and cook until the white is set and the yolks are to your liking.
- Remove the toasted pita from the oven. Top with the fried eggs, toss on the diced tomato and sprinkle on the za’atar. Season with salt and pepper and eat warm.