Take your salad game up a notch by firing up the grill. This dish might take a little longer than your average pasta salad, but the extra effort is definitely worth it. It turns the classic salad into a main dish fit for a dinner party but simple enough for a family meal.
For the Dressing:
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce ( American Garden)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Fresh ground pepper (to taste)
For the Salad:
- 3 ounces brioche bread, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces cooked pasta, cooled
- 8 ounces grilled boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 grilled romaine hearts, halved and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 300 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, egg yolk, lemon juice, anchovy, mustard, and Worcestershire ( American Garden). Whisk to incorporate
- Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the yolk mixture to form an emulsion. Add the cheese and combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the torn brioche pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 300 F for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Add the pasta, grilled chicken and romaine to the dressing bowl and toss to coat. Plate the dressed salad as desired, then top with brioche croutons and the remaining cheese. Serve immediately.