19 June, 2021
Kanyakumari Fish Curry Without Oil
Coconut-y and yummy, this fish curry tastes surprisingly delicious minus the oil. A fish curry made with coconut, tamarind, mild spices and absolutely no oil. Just the perfect dish for those who keeping a tab on their diet.
ngredients Of Fish Curry Without Oil
- 1 Whole fish (any would do – king fish,sardines etc)
- 1 cup Coconut scrapping
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Pepper cones
- 2-3 Shallots or onions
- Few Curry leaves
- 2 Green chillies
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 2-3 Tamarind sticks
- 1 medium Lemon
How to Make Fish Curry without Oil
- 1. Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water.
- 2. Chop the green chillies, tomatoes. Peel the shallots. Keep all aside.
- 3. Grind the coconut, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, pepper cones into a paste.
- 4. Add shallots to this paste and blend grind again to make a coarse paste.
- 5. Filter the impurities and strain the tamarind water in a bowl.
- 6. In a pan add the coconut-shallot paste, tamarind water, green chillies, tomatoes, salt. Bring to simmer.
- 7. Now add the fish and curry leaves. Mix well.
- 8. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve.
You can serve fish curry with Chapati, Paratha or even Rice.