This chicken dish is extremely fast and economical. It makes a nice sauce that works well over brown rice or wide noodles.
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- Minced fresh parsley
- Whisk together cream, mustard and brown sugar. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to even thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cream mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.