7 July, 2021
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Posted in : Sweet/Dessert on by : Simmi Iyer
These chocolate chip muffins are like little bites of heaven! My kids love the mini size. Bake up a big batch and keep them in the freezer! Such a yummy way to start their day.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup Greek yogurt*
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (for mini muffins) or 425 degrees F (for standard size muffins), and mist a mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray (or line a muffin pan with papers).
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the melted butter, Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla in a large liquid measuring cup, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry, and fold together until just barely combined (there should still be a few streaks of flour).
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and divide the batter equally between all wells of the muffin pan(s).
- Bake standard size muffins for 5 minutes at 425 degrees F, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 10 to 14 minutes. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part of a muffin comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.