Oats and eggs are some of the healthiest breakfast options that we have in this day and age. Not only are these foods great for a healthy body but they are also equally delicious and easy to prepare. There are a plethora of dishes that we can make by combining the two, so how about we also add in a bunch of more things and create something delicious and yet, super easy? Walnut Oat Crusted Veggie Egg Cups is a beautiful looking delicious treat that you can enjoy for breakfast or at any time of the day. It is made with basic kitchen ingredients that we mostly have available. It has a mild taste and is fulfilling because of the oats and walnuts that go into the recipe. Prepare this for your next brunch party and you will not regret it.
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 eggs- brown
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
How to make Walnut Oat Crusted Veggie Egg Cups
- Step 1. Preheat the oven and grind the oats. Preheat oven to 180°C and generously grease a 12-cup muffin pan with oil. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the oats until fine and flour-like. Add the walnuts and pulse until blended with oat flour. Pulse in the olive oil, salt and water until the mixture comes together
- Step 2. Bake the oat-walnut mix and whisk the eggs. Spoon walnut-oat crust mixture evenly (about 1 ¼ tablespoon each) into each muffin cup and press it into the bottom and partway up the sides. Bake 25 minutes, until crust begins to brown. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, garlic powder, oregano and mustard thoroughly until well combined. Stir in spinach, bell pepper and cheese.
- Step 3. Bake the muffins and serve! Fill each muffin cup evenly with egg-veggie mixture and bake 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Cool slightly on a wire rack before removing the egg cups by carefully inserting a sharp knife between the crust and the muffin pan.