Quinoa, a powerhouse of protein and iron is the currently big thing in the millennial fitness culture. This salad recipe combines the health benefits of quinoa with the essential vitamins, minerals, and fibre of fresh vegetables like onions, cucumber, black beans, and corn. Seasoned with fresh oregano and garnished with the lush green coriander leaves, Mexican Quinoa recipe will satisfy you with its scrumptious goodness and will tantalize your taste buds too.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- salt as required
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
How to make Mexican Quinoa
- Step 1. Chop all the veggies and boil quinoa and black beans. To prepare this delicious salad recipe, peel onion and cucumber and finely chop them in a bowl. Next, boil the black beans in a small pan on medium flame or you can pressure cook for 2 whistles as well. Then, wash and pressure cook quinoa as well for 2 whistles. Once done, keep aside all these things. Now, wash the corns and keep it aside too!
- Step 2. Stir fry all the veggies. Put a skillet over medium flame and add a little olive oil in it. Quickly, add the chopped cucumber, onion, boiled black beans, and chopped coriander in it and stir fry them for a couple of minutes. Now, add the boiled quinoa along with frozen sweet corn to this mixture, and stir again. Keep stirring until the quinoa becomes slightly brown, and the vegetables are cooked properly.
- Step 3. Season with oregano and salt, and serve hot. Season the Mexican quinoa with salt and oregano, and toss well. Cover the pan for a minute. Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve fresh and hot!