Sweet potato and green bean salad is a delicious, substantial salad, perfect for transforming barbecue sausages, cold meat or lentil burgers into a filling meal. The fruity orange dressing is a perfect complement to the sweet potatoes.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into a ½ inch dice
- 5 ounces green beans
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 tangerine or ½ an orange
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Place the sweet potato dice on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Roast in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans until just tender (frozen beans will take just 3 minutes, fresh around 5 minutes).
- Make the dressing by whisking the juice, remaining olive oil, honey, and seasoning. Toss the cooked vegetables with the dressing, and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.