This breakfast dish is popular in Northern Kerala. Made with coconut and parboiled rice, it is tasty and easy to make. Serve it with a hot and spicy curry. Here’s how you can make this yummy breakfast.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
How To Prepare
- Boil the water and add salt to it.
- Add the rice flour and stir. Close the lid and keep it aside.
- Blend the coconut, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and onions in a blender.
- Knead the rice flour without adding any more water.
- Add the blended ingredients to the flour and mix well.
- Make small balls from this dough. Dab some oil on your fingers and palms so that the dough does not stick to them.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into small disks.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the flattened balls on both sides. Rice roti is ready to eat!