5 August, 2021
This is the instant version of making doodh peda recipe or Milk peda Recipe. Peda is the popular and traditional sweet recipe from India. It is usually made from the khoya (mawa). But in this instant method we are using condensed milk and milk powder.
- ▢2 tablespoon Butter
- ▢1 ¾ cups Full fat milk powder (aka mawa powder)
- ▢1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed milk
- ▢few strands Saffron
- ▢2 tablespoon Milk
- ▢¼ teaspoon Green cardamom seeds powder
- Warm up the milk and saffron mixture in microwave for few seconds and then rub between finger and thumb. So saffron releases its flavor and color into the milk. Keep it aside.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl in microwave.
- Then add milk powder and condensed milk, mix well.
- Cook for 1 minute in microwave, stir well.
- Again cook for 1 minute.
- Then add saffron milk and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Lastly cook for another 1 minute, mix.
- Let it cool to touch and then shape into peda.
- Decorate with peda stamp or garnish with chopped almonds or pistachios.