Makhana Namkeen is the perfect snack to munch on during the day. Prepared using lotus seed pops (makhana) with a mix of dry fruits and seasoning, this makhana namkeen recipe is best suited for fasts or vrats. This mix of spices will give you a mouthful of flavors that will satisfy you to the core. Great for healthy munching during game nights or movie nights. It’s also a great snack for kids to eat as they study or for those random hunger pangs. Makhanas are a highly nutritious food item, they are super low in calories and are beneficial to people with high blood pressure. Now only that makhanas also enriched with anti-aging enzymes as well as astringent properties. This protein-rich and gluten-free snack recipe goes well with a cup of hot tea or coffee and a good book. The mix of dry fruits give a little more texture to this namkeen recipe and will surely become one of your favorites. So, follow us through this easy step-by-step recipe to make your new favorite namkeen!
- 200 gm lotus seed pops
- salt as required
- 1/2 cup mixed dry fruits
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon ghee
How to make Makhana Namkeen
- Step 1. To prepare this mouth-watering snack, start by taking the dry fruits and chop them up. Keep aside in a bowl. Now, take a pan over medium flame and heat ghee in it.
- Step 2. When the ghee is hot enough, add the makhana and roast them till brown in color and are crispy. Transfer them to a large bowl and heat more ghee in the pan. Add the chopped dry fruits in the pan and roast these too till they turn golden in color. Then, transfer them into the same bowl.
- Step 3.Mix the makhana and dry fruits together and add the cumin powder, pepper powder, chaat masala and salt to taste. Mix it well and enjoy the delicious snack. Store it in an air tight container for later use.