8 August, 2021
Paneer Vermicelli Upma Recipe | Semiya Upma For Weight Loss
Paneer vermicelli upma is a nutritious, easy and filling meal option. You can have it as breakfast, lunch or dinner. More over there are many ways of making it. You can use any kind of vegetable that is available with you – carrots, beans, peas, cauliflower, capsicum, tomatoes and onions. And to add that protein to your diet you can add paneer, peanuts, chicken or egg with it. You can relish this paneer semiya upma with curd and green dhania pudina chutney to raise the taste quotient further. In this recipe we have added paneer cubes. This paneer vermicelli upma is super tasty and filling which is good for weight loss
- Vermicelli (Semiya)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- Assorted Vegetables (Cauliflower, Peas, Carrot, French Beans)
- 50 gms Bambino Vermicelli (Semiyan)
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 1 small Tomato finely chopped
- 50 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 100 gms finely chopped Assorted Vegetables (Peas, Carrots, French Beans, Cauliflower, Babycorn)
- 1-2 Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 5-6 Curry leaves (Kadipatta)
- 1 tblsp Coriander (Hara Dhania), finely chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 5 gms
- Salt to taste
- 2 – 3 cups Water
How to Make Paneer Vermicelli Upma For Weightloss :
- Heat oil in a kadai. Meanwhile keep water to boil. When the water starts to boil add the vermicelli to the boiling water and also add 1/2 tsp salt. Stir well with a light hand. Boil it for 5 minutes approximately. Make sure that they are slightly undone (Al Dente). To test press one vermicelli between your fingers. It should feel slightly undone. Should not get pulpy immediately.
- After 5 – 7 minutes remove the vermicelli by straining it and removing all the water. Remember not to cover it completely while it is still hot. Let the hot air escape. Otherwise the vermicelli will get clumpy and sticky to each other. It is always better to keep it with a mesh.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai / pan and add mustard seeds to it and wait till they splutter. After they splutter add curry leaves.
- Add the onion and green chilies and sauté till the onions are transparent. Add all the chopped vegetables. Add salt.
- Cover and cook on low flame till all the vegetables are done. Takes 3 – 4 minutes. The vegetables should not get brown. They should just get soft.
- Now add cubed paneer pieces. And cook for 2 – 3 minutes till the paneer gets slightly sautéed.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté it for 2-3 mins.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilly powder.
- Add the boiled vermicelli to the tempered vegetables. Mix nicely with a light hand.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame and sprinkle some lemon juice.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.
Side dish Options – What To Serve With Paneer Semiya Upma :
- You can serve this upma with green dhania pudina chutney, plain curd, tomato chutney.
- To further increase your protein, you can serve boiled egg or a egg fry or an egg omelette.