a simple potato based snack recipe which is usually served as sides in a fast food or fine dine restaurants with main meals. generally wedges are served with sweet chilli sauce or sour cream with extra seasonings on top of crisp wedges along with veg or non veg burgers
- ▢4 medium sized potato
- ▢¾ tsp salt
- ▢¼ cup corn flour
- ▢2 tbsp oil
- ▢½ tsp pepper (crushed)
- ▢½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ▢oil for deep frying
- ▢½ tsp mixed herbs (basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme)
- Firstly, in peel the skin of potato, use same sized potato preferably less starchy.
- chop them to thick wedges cutting each potato to 8 wedges.
- further, boil the potato wedges for 3 minutes adding little salt in the water.
- drain the water and keep potatoes aside. cool completely.
- coat the potatoes with 2 tbsp oil.
- further, add ¼ cup corn flour, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp mixed herbs.
- mix well making sure the corn flour gets coated uniformly. freeze the leftover potato wedges and use for at least 3-4 month.
- bake at 180 degree Celsius for 15-18 minutes or till the potatoes are golden and crisp.
- alternatively, deep fry the potatoes into hot oil.
- stir occasionally, till the potatoes turn golden brown and crisp.
- sprinkle wedges with salt and chilli powder before serving.
- finally, enjoy spicy and crispy potato wedges with tomato sauce.