Gokulashtami is nearing and if you are looking for easy recipe to offer on the day of Gokulashtami, vella aval could be the perfect one.
- ½ cup Aval flattened rice
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon Jaggery powdered
- 1 Cardamom powdered
- 1 Edible camphor Mustard size
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 tablespoon Grated coconut
- In a pan, heat jaggery and very little water just to dissolve the jaggery. Take care not to add more as it will make poha soggy.
- Wash poha and drain water completely. Add edible camphor, salt and cardamom powder to it.
- Add the dissolved jaggery through a strainer. Mix well. Give half hour standing time.
- Mix in the grated coconut.
- You can make it more rich by adding ghee fried cashews and raisins.
- I used thick variety poha.
- Adding salt will enhance the sweetness.