There’s nothing more enticing than a potato salad with a twist of Mediterranean flavours. If you too want to taste something truly exotic, then try this super easy yet amazingly delicious salad. Mediterranean Potato Salad is a Mediterranean recipe. This salad recipe is made using potatoes, sun dried tomatoes and cheese. A healthy recipe, this delicious salad is a must try and to amp up the meal experience you can serve it with some Falafel rolls and your favorite beverage. So, without a further ado, let’s get started!
- 500 gm halved,boiled potato
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 handful basil
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered spice black pepper
- 2 tablespoon green olives
- 1 tablespoon celery
- 3 thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped virgin olive oil
- salt as required
- 1 red onion
- 2 stalks spring onions
How to make Mediterranean Potato Salad
- Step 1. Wash the potatoes. To prepare this recipe, wash the potatoes first. Then put a pan over medium flame and add some water along with a pinch of salt. Boil till the potatoes turn tender and wash them with cold water to retain the texture. (Note: You can also boil them in a pressure cooker.) Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop the red onion.
- Step 2. Mix rest of the ingredients. Drain and keep aside to cool. In the meantime, take a large bowl and mix the cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper powder. Then, add in the boiled potatoes and mix well.
- Step 3. Mix with onions and relish! Finally, add chopped red onion and spring onion along with green olives and sundried tomatoes, and basil leaves. Mix everything together and indulge in the goodness! (Note: The sun-dried tomatoes are added for more flavours, but they are completely optional. You can skip tomatoes if you want.)
- To make it more delicious, you can add in some chopped chicken chunks.
- While boiling the potatoes, make sure you don’t over the cook them, else the potatoes will break and spoil the texture of the dish.