When most people think of snacking options, they tend to think of unhealthy items like chips, cookies, and cakes that are full of things like sugar and trans fats. That doesn’t have to be the case however, as it’s definitely possible to enjoy snacks that are both healthy AND delicious. That’s right and this honey mustard roasted almonds recipe is proof of that. Almonds are a fantastic healthy snack in their own right, as they provide a solid amount of healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats for you. Almonds become an even better healthy snacking option once they are coated in this homemade honey mustard glaze using all natural ingredients.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes
- 1 ½ cups raw almonds
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl place the almonds, ground mustard, honey, chili flakes, olive oil and salt.
- Toss to combine.
- Spread the almonds out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast the almonds in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, mixing them half way through.
- Cool completely and serve.