This no-cook bean salad is a delicious way to use summer’s best cherry or grape tomatoes and juicy cucumbers for a light dinner or lunch. Fresh basil elevates an easy vinaigrette recipe that dresses up this simple salad into something extraordinary.
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced (1 cup)
- Step 1. Place basil, oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a mini food processor. Process until mostly smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add greens, beans, tomatoes and cucumber. Toss to coat.