Cauliflower Upma|Keto Upma recipe is made with cauliflower rice and few vegetables which are a delicious, low carb, gluten-free, vegetarian keto breakfast dish that can be prepared in under 30 minutes.
This Cauliflower Rice Upma
- is healthy and delicious
- is paleo, vegan, keto, gluten-free, and low carb
- requires just a few minutes of prep work and is cooked in less than 20 minutes
- Good lunch box and breakfast option
To Prepare Cauliflower Upma
Firstly, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a Kadai. Then, add mustard seeds, let them splutter. Add urad dal and cashews and saute till they turn light brown in color. For Keto skip urad dal and cashews.
Add curry leaves, ginger, green chili and hing. Saute for another 30-40 seconds.
Next add the onions and cook till the onions become soft.
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1.5 cups mix vegetables (carrot, green beans ,green peas)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- a pinch of asafetida (hing)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander leaves) for garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut (fresh or frozen)
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Firstly separate cauliflower into florets and stalks.Wash thoroughly.Mince or grate florets with the help of grater or food processor to resemble fine rice or semolina.
To Prepare Upma
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a kadai. Add mustard ,let the mustard splutter.
- Add curry leaves, ginger ,green chilli and hing. Saute for another 30-40 seconds.
- Next add the onions and cook till the onions become soft.
- Then add the mix vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cauliflower rice ,salt ,mix well and Cover with a lid and cook on medium low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in between and turn off the flame.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, remove from heat and garnish with coriander, lime juice ,and grated coconut ,mix well and serve hot.
- Cauliflower Upma is Ready & serve hot with Greek yogurt or coconut chutney.
Then add the mix vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes. Now add cauliflower rice, salt, mix well.
Then cover with a lid and cook on medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in between and turn off the flame.
I have not added extra water in this recipe, but if you like upma to be soft and porridge consistency adds little water and cook.
Once the cauliflower is cooked, remove from heat and garnish with coriander, lime juice, and grated coconut, mix well and serve hot.
Healthy Cauliflower Upma recipe is Ready & serve hot with greek yogurt or coconut chutney.