25 September, 2021
Strawberry Raita ( side dish)
Strawberry Raita is delicious ,cool and refreshing fruit-based flavorful yogurt dish which is served as a side dish
Strawberry Raita is a delicious ,cool and refreshing fruit-based flavorful yogurt dish which is served as a side dish. This raita has all the juicy tang and sweetness from the luscious strawberry chunks.
What is Raita?
Raitas are Indian style mildly spiced yogurt based dips made by adding fruits and vegetables in chilled beaten yogurt ,you just need few spices to enhance the taste.
Normally, i would use plain yogurt but if you like raitas to be little thick and creamy, use plain Greek Yogurt. If you want it thinner, mix in a little cold water till you achieve the desired consistency.
Health Benefits of Strawberries
- They’re a rich source of antioxidants. Strawberries can protect you against free radicals.
- They may help with blood sugar regulation.
- They may improve heart health.
- They support the immune system
- 1 cup fresh yogurt (curd)
- ½ cup organic strawberries diced into small cubes
- ¼ teaspoon roasted cumin powder ( jeera powder)
- ⅛ teaspoon black salt
- a pinch of crushed black pepper
- a pinch of red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (coriander leaves) finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sugar (optional)
- To prepare this yummy raita, wash strawberries under running water and slice them equally.
- Whisk the yogurt or curd in a large mixing bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and cilantro.
- If you like raitas to be little thick and creamy, use plain Greek Yogurt. If you want it thinner, mix in a little cold water till you achieve the desired consistency.
- The curd used should not be too sour.
- You can replace black salt with regular salt.
- You can replace black pepper powder with finely chopped green chillies.
- I have added some chopped coriander leaves for that herby punch, but you can surely use fresh mint for a better refreshing flavor.
- Vegans can replace dairy yogurt with non-dairy yogurt like cashew yogurt ,coconut yogurt etc.