Packed with fresh spring produce and under 500 calories, this cheesy frittata is perfect for midweek dinners or weekend picnics.
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1cm lengths
- 150g (1 cup) frozen green peas
- 75g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, plus extra baby leaves, to serve
- 150g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Salad leaves, to serve
How to make ?
Step.1 Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin, capsicum and onion on prepared tray. Spray lightly with olive oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2. Meanwhile, place asparagus and peas in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water. Cover and steam until just tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Step 3.Reserve 1 tbsp goat’s cheese. Place remaining goat’s cheese in a large bowl with eggs, milk and basil. Whisk to combine. Season. Add all the roast vegetables and stir to combine.
- Step 4. Reduce oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Line base and side of 20cm round cake pan with baking paper. Pour mixture into prepared pan, evenly distributing veg. Top with tomato, cut-side up, and seeds. Bake for 45 minutes or until puffed and firm. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Top with extra basil and reserved cheese. Serve with salad.