This vegan carrot curry is a big flavoured spicy treat, sweet with carrots, earthy with chickpeas and all-around tasty with Indian spices!
This curry is a proper corker of a dish that is so simple to make.
- 300 g (10.5 oz) Carrots
- 250 g (8.75 oz) Cooked Chickpeas
- 200 g (7 oz) Tinned Tomatoes
- 75 g (2.75 oz) Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 30 g (1oz) Ginger
- 165 g (5.75 oz) Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 Tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Peel and cut the carrots into 3cm lengths.
- Cut the onion into a 3-4mm dice.
- Grate the ginger and mash the garlic.
- Heat a pan over a medium high heat and when hot add the cooking oil.
- Fry the carrots in this oil for 10 minutes, you want them to get a little bit of colour.
- Whilst the carrots are frying combine all of the spices with the exception of the fenugreek in a bowl.
- When the carrots are nicely caramelised add the onions and reduce the heat to medium and fry for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Then add the garlic and ginger and cook for 60 seconds.
- Increase the heat to medium high and then sprinkle over the spices and allow to toast for 60 seconds, stirring to ensure they do not burn.
- Add in the tomatoes, coconut milk, and chickpeas and then stir to combine.
- Finally, add the fenugreek, season to taste with salt, and add a tight fitting lid and cook for 40 minutes on low.