Baked sweet potato stuffed with lightly crisp roasted chickpeas, topped with drizzled lemon tahini sauce for a fresh and healthy lunch or dinner! Packed with flavor and naturally vegan, paleo and gluten free.
● 1 sweet potato
● 1/2 cup canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
● 1/2 tsp paprika
● 1 Tbsp olive oil
● Salt / pepper
● Parsley Flakes
Lemon Tahini Sauce:
● 1 Tbsp tahini
● 1/2 Tbsp
● 2 tsp water (to thin)
- Poke a few holes in the sweet potato and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet at 425F for 40-50 minutes, until easily pierced with a fork.
- Toss rinsed and dried chickpeas with olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Spread on a separate parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the edges, stirring once half way.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice and tahini until smooth. Add water to thin as needed.
- Slice sweet potato in half, and scoop out a bit of the insides to make room for the filling. Stuff with roasted chickpeas and top with drizzled tahini sauce and parsley flakes!