21 June, 2022
Tofu with Spring Onion and Black Beans Recipe
Traditionally made with beef or pork, this dish is thought to date back to the late nineteenth century. This vegetarian version made with tofu is equally sumptuous and has beautiful textures. You can adjust the spice to suit your own taste and serve it hot.
Ingredients of Tofu with Spring Onion and Black Beans
- 1 tsp chilli bean paste
- 300 gms diced silken tofu
- 1/2 tsp sichuan oil
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp spicy black bean
- 100 ml water
- 1/2 tsp dark soy
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp spring onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp leeks sliced
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
How to Make Tofu with Spring Onion and Black Beans
1. Heat cooking oil and Sichuan oil in wok or pan, put chili bean paste, spicy black bean, sauté it.
2. Add ginger, garlic, chili powder and sauté for a while.
3. Add dark soy and water.
4. Put silken tofu, leeks, and spring onion, and add sugar, let it boil for 2 minutes.
5. Meanwhile take a stainless steel bowl put potato starch and water to prepare thickening starch .
6. Adjust the thickening with potato starch and add it.
7. Serve hot