Deep-fried, mildly-spiced onion fritters, sprinkled over with chaat masala. Pair it with zingy pudina chutney or sneak it inside pillowy pavs and chomp away. One of the most loved snacks across the country, Kanda bhajis are onion fritters or pakodas that go into the hot oil for deep frying as soon as the raindrops start to pour in. This is an easy and quick monsoon snack to best savor along with a cup of hot chai!
Ingredients of Kanda Bhajji
- 160 Gram Onion
- 20 Gram Besan
- 10 Gram Rice flour
- 2 Gram Salt
- 3 Gram Green chilli
- 2 Gram Ajwain
- 2 Turmeric powder
- 2 Red chilli powder
- 2 Chaat masala
- 30 Mint chutney
- 100 Ml Oil (for frying)
How to Make Kanda Bhajji
1. Peel onion & cut thinly slice.
2. Place it in a bowl, add finely chopped green chilies.
3. Add ajwain, turmeric powder & red chili powder.
4. Mix besan into it & little rice flour; add salt to taste and mix well.
5. Add little water if required.
6. Make uneven shapes & deep fry it till golden brown in color.
7. Sprinkle chat masala on top & served with mint chutney.
8. Kanda Bhajji is ready to be served., and yes some hot masala chai ( tea), enjoy eating!!!